i feel like they just finished a grand musical number.
Damn. No lies present.
I didn’t know the other characters had such badass back stories.
There was so much damn wasted potential in that whole series. She needed an editor who actually knew their shit. She had the chance of making a really great sci fi/horror story w a lot of depth and reflection.. And instead we got overt and subtle racism, an endless repetition of the same adjectives and similes, and 27 major plot holes. There’s nothing particularly wrong w a teenage girl/young woman and her romantic life being a central point in the story but my god Meyer. Hire an editor that won’t take ur bullshit and will tell you the hard criticisms.
- One of the first women to start her own independent production company.
- Earned her way to stardom without sleeping with executives for roles.
- Refused to date people for publicity just because 20th Century Fox wanted her to.
- Left 20th Century Fox because she refused to let them get away with treating her badly and paying her a tiny wage, just because of her “dumb blonde” image.
- Was only paid a fraction of her co-star’s wage even though she was the star of the movies and the biggest box office pull, but still went ahead with the movies because she was so passionate about acting.
- Studied method acting at the Actors Studio with Lee Strasberg, who said that she was one of his best students along with Marlon Brando.
- Had a personal library of over 500 books and rarely read fiction - she was desperate to learn and educate herself.
- Was sexually abused as a child but then went on to encourage the sexual liberation of women in the 1950s.
- One of the first people to speak openly about sexual abuse.
- One of the first people to openly support gay rights.
- Supported many charities such as the Milk Fund, March of Dimes, Arthritis and Rheumatism foundation.
- Donated her time and money to these charities.
- Visited orphanages and hospitals on her own time to surprise the people there.
- Married one of the greatest literary minds of the 20th century
- Suffered two miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy and still put on a brave face for her fans.
Sorry, did you say she wasn’t a role model?
marilyn is my biggest role model so don’t even go there
and let’s not forget this
Ella Fitzgerald was not allowed to play at the popular Mocambo, in Hollywood, because of her race. Marilyn, who loved her music and supported civil rights, called the owner of the Mocambo and told him that if he booked Ella immediately, she would take a front table every night. The owner said yes, and Marilyn was there, front table, every night. After that, Ella never had to play in a small jazz club again.
"She was an unusual woman – a little ahead of her times. And she didn’t know it." - Ella Fitzgerald about Marilyn Monroe
This is what I tell people when they give me shit for loving Marilyn Monroe and actually looking up to her.
Also, Marilyn Monroe had bipolar disorder and was suicidal at times, and she was still strong enough to get past it all, during a time where most people didn’t even believe in mental illness.
My family deeply respects and loves Marilyn. Every year we decorate our chirstmas tree in honour of her
i love how they didn’t even say any thing. they just all stood there…
No, they literally formed an unlikely line
Just found this awesome shop on Etsy called
Featuring these adorable and marvelous little reptile jewelry. Had to share some of my faves!